The following declarations are required for shipping (boarding) inspection to be completed and submitted to SIMSA by the captain or person in charge of any vessel undertaking a domestic voyage within Solomon Islands providing carriage of passengers and cargois.
- Departure declaration
- Passenger Information (Passenger list should be provided)
- Cargo Information
- Vessel crew details
- Vessel manning declaration
- Bridge/Deck department
- Engine room department
- Deck rating/crew
- Deck inspection declaration
- Ships Safety Certificate & radio license
- Fire fighting aplliances
- Life saving appliances
- Safety Survey Certificate (should be posted onboard at the bridge)
On arrival and departure, vessels are subject to inspection. Departure inspections are mandatory.